Friday 24 October 2008

Back at College

...and glad to be back!
sort of.

One of the first briefs we were given was to photograph five people on five consecutive days. So I decided to take inspriration from Rankin's project 'One Dress'. He photographed a variety of women all in the same dress, fantastic! I used an old baggy fleecey jumper that I had lying about. Nice.


Bethan
Harrison
Karina
Rachel

I liked these two shots aswell, although they weren't included in the set.

For this last one I couldn't actually get anyone to sit for me so I just used my own little feet to finish off the set. This is something I'd like to continue with, but I say that about everything.


Out of focus.

My bathroom sink.

My cracked bathroom wall.

My bathroom 'art'.

And now for something completely different..
Studio!
For all you strobists out there, you can probably tell me what I did more than I can, so I shall leave it at that.


One lovely friday Sam, Jonathan and myself took out the college's Canon ringflash, fun to be had! Although it did keep falling off the lens as the grip wasn't too secure which got a little tiring.

I was happy with Sam's choice of tshirt that day.

Very happy.

We stumbled across a freshers fair in George Square which seemed only to have entrances and no exits and was FULL of people. Gahh.

Here we found some delicious fondue, well, I'm assuming it was delicious, I didn't actually have any.

And a walking, talking, thumbs upping subway sandwhich!


A few of us went to Chatelherault park for a wee walk in the shaded sunshine.

Harrison's best pose.

Rule of thirds, never fails.

Sam on the big bridge. We did attempt to play pooh sticks on the way back but the bridge was too high, also harrison dropped his stick on the wrong side of the bridge. sigh.

I'm not entirley sure what this cage was for. Hopefully something nice.


Fashion photography is a lot of fun.

You get to go places like this. This is the Clootie well, up near Inverness. Traditionally these places were used for healing spells but I think it's more of a tourist attraction now.

Very surreal, which I like.

Unfortunatley my model canceled on the morning of, which was a little disappointing, but I went ahead anyway to get some test shots and just modeled myself. The brief was 'Dramatic.'





Can't wait to return. Bigger dress, bigger lights and a team of 50 people doing important things for me.

One day.


xxoo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!
SO cool!
Very artistic!!!

Lucy said...

funky snaps!

-a passerby

Linda said...

that was such a great post, enjoyed everything! love the clootie well